Monday, January 25, 2010

What a lousy weekend

Last weekend was a damn lousy one for me. Ever since i left the Citibank project 2 year ago, i had never burn my precious weekends and they are meaningfully spent with my family. However, last weekend was a really bad one.

I spent almost 20 hours working on a stupid project that will become a white elephant as the users are not planning to use it and yet they wanted it to go live on production server. Not only the weekend was bad, the weekdays were not better off either. I had to take care of testing, development, raising of Change request as well as set-up of the production server all by myself. My team lead was busy with another project and was not able to help out. Everyday, i see myself working until 10 plus in office and the work continued when i reach home until as late as 2 plus. Things was worse at home, Cindy was having some weird fever that come only at night and Abril was just recovering from her cough and flu so we have to rely on our grandmum to take care of Abril. Fortunately, Cindy was able to take care of herself though it was rather tough and now she is in the midst of recovering from her weird fever.

Throughout the week, i had been quite pissed of with the resource allocation from this project and that my request for more help had not been seemed to by my management. But through self-consultation that "It will be a good learning" that i feel better and determined to finish the project.

Though i had mentioned quite a number of negative stuffs that happened last week, there were 2 good things that happened too.

1. Cindy and Abril had been there to support me through my tough period, and i am looking forward to this weekend while we can spend time together.

2. A big suprise for me on Sunday from my "honey and big sister", you know who you are. Must be the feedback form right, 4/5 grading......... Nice fish tank with cabinet. Thank you!

With lot of love
"Er nai"

No comments: