Friday, December 4, 2009

Mad Rush after long break

Previously i mentioned about going for a long break but a long break doesn't always end in a good way especially when you are in the IT industry working under a bank domain. Well, year end is always the period where people clear their leaves and recharge themselves and i was always one among the group. However, thing doesn't not go smoothly this year though.

Firstly, my director gave me a call during the 2nd week of my holiday and this is the first telltale sight that i will be in deep s... when i return to work. It is not just plainly 1 call, a few sms tagged along with it. Just as i was enjoying my last 2 day, my team lead called me to return to work on the last day of my break. That's not all, once i return, it seems like i was caught in a perfect storm, you know 2 thunder storms meet. On 1 side, management is pressing the application to go on live when the production system has not been set up. On the other side, the application has not gone through proper testing.

Since i returned to work, every knock-off time is not earlier than 10pm. And i know there is more storms ahead. Well folks, i guess next time i will adopt Auntie Cel's tactic "Change job and then go on a break", at least she never ended up in a perfect storm.........

Bad Break...........

No comments: